In the history of cereals, there’s never been a single serving that had the proper ratio of protein to carbohydrates, even with added milk. The imbalance of this traditional grain breakfast leads to an energy spike followed by an unwelcome energy crash, not too long after.
In addition, the spike from the resulting high blood sugar creates the over release of insulin that causes an increase in fat storage. This combination of unwanted effects is the last thing that we need to start the day, or at any point. So let’s fix it so we can still get we really want from cereal…fuel and enjoyment.
3 things that we love about cereal the most
- It’s versatile texture – it satisfies a crunchy or mushy preference depending on how you prepare it.
- It’s quick and easy
- It’s good at any time of the day
Start a new breakfast tradition
Advanced Athletics takes the “Up Your Protein” approach to cereal by adding Whey Protein Pops to a bowl of berries and nuts to achieve balanced nutrition. This winning combination supports building muscle, and staying/getting lean.
Whey Pops Cereal Recipe
- 10 ounces of your favorite Berries
- 2.5 scoops Whey Protein Pops
- 2 tablespoons Hemp Hearts or 1 ounce Walnuts
- 6-8 ounces Coconut / Almond Milk
- Add Stevia or Coconut Sugar to sweeten to your liking.